Friday, February 26, 2010

Feeling Green

I don't know why, but I've always loved St. Patrick's Day. When I was little, my mom would put green food coloring in our milk on St. Patrick's Day and remember loving it. I want to get in the spirit by making things green until March 17th. This is the second play dress I've made Mia using St. Patrick's Day shirts from Old Navy. I made this one a little big so it will fit her next year. It's so comfortable for her-I wish I could get away with wearing one!
This morning Mia said she wanting to play hop scotch, so we went up on our terrace and played around with her sidewalk chalk. Once we got up there she was more interested in drawing rather than playing hop scotch. It was fun to watch my little artist at work.
I'm telling you, this is the EASIEST dress to make and it's the perfect dress to throw on for outings to the park or any time you just want your little one to be comfortable. My favorite part about it is that I can make them in less than a half hour-Ahhhh instant gratification :)


3 comments:

Angie - treasuresfortots@gmail.com said...

Awww sha! She's ADORABLE!! GREAT pictures too!

Susan Anderson said...

hmmmm. I think I'm feeling kinda green myself...

=)

Jamee said...

you are one creative mama- i am lovin' looking at all your prettys! i am following you sorry i don't have a picture in my little box i will have to work on that one- jameehomemaker.blogspot.com