Thursday, February 4, 2010

Valentine Heart Applique T-Shirt Tutorial

Remember I said I was thinking about making Mia a Valentine shirt to go with her skirt? Well I finished it tonight! I bought a red t-shirt at Walmart (I think it was around $3.50) and cut out three hearts. 1 Large white, 1 Medium pink, and 1 small red heart. Next I hand embroidered little x's around the edges of the red heart onto the pink one. I thought it would be cute to give each heart a different stitch design, so on the pink heart I did a whip stitch and on the white one just a regular straight stitch along the edges. I think it's easier to embroider the hearts to each other first-THEN embroider the largest heart to the T-shirt. All you need for this cute little Valentine Shirt is a scrap of white, pink, and red felt, pink embroidery floss, an embroidery needle, and a t-shirt. So easy and so cute!

7 comments:

Susan Anderson said...

Oh, I bet she likes this one. (I sure do.)

=)

Angie - treasuresfortots@gmail.com said...

Great job Katie!

Come link your cute tute at my party: Thursday's Treasures!!
http://treasuresfortots.blogspot.com/2010/02/thursdays-treasures-week-8.html

karen said...

Mia is going to look darling in that!

Angie - treasuresfortots@gmail.com said...

Thank you for sharing your awesome project at Thursday’s Treasures last week! Come share your crafty projects in this week’s Thursday’s Treasures too!
http://treasuresfortots.blogspot.com/2010/02/thursdays-treasures-week-9.html

alissa {33shadesofgreen} said...

Hi Katie - Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and becoming a follower!

This little shirt is adorable! Great idea.

Aunt Suzi Quilts said...

That is so cute!! I totally have to copy you. Thanks for sharing.

Thurston Fam said...

fun! I wanna try this!