Thursday, January 14, 2010

Fried Eggs Anyone?


I have been obsessed with felt food lately! I made tea party type food for Mia for Christmas and she just LOVES it and keeps asking that I make more, so I decided to start making her breakfast foods since she likes to feed me in the morning :) I love the way these turned out! Unfortunately I didn't think to do a tutorial when I made them, so I don't have pictures, but I will try my best to explain how I made them.

Materials Needed:
1. White and Yellow felt (I got mine at WalMart for 44cents a sheet)
2. White and Yellow embroidery floss
3. Embroidery needle
4. Scissors
5. Stuffing (I bought a big bag at WalMart so it will last me for other projects, but I suppose you could use cotton balls that you separate so they aren't in a clump if you don't have stuffing)

Lets get started!

For each fried egg you will cut out one yellow circle for your yolk and two eggwhite shapes using your white felt.
Next you will get little bit of stuffing and kind of form it to the shape of your yellow piece because this is what will make your egg yolk puff up a bit. I just eye balled it to what I thought looked good then started pinning my yellow piece over it along the edges.
Now-tie a knot on one side of your yellow embroidery floss and thread the other side through your embroidery needle. Once you've done that pull your needle through the backside of the felt so your knot will be on the bottom. Now you do a whip stitch all the way around your egg yolk.
Lastly-get your second piece of white felt and line it up underneath your piece with the egg yolk and whip stitch all the way around the edges of the eggwhite with your white embroidery floss. And Taaaadaaa! So easy and so cute! If you have any questions feel free to ask by leaving me a comment.

4 comments:

Susan Anderson said...

What a cute idea! I bet they seem a lot more like eggs when they're a little flexible instead of stiff and plastic.

=)

Angie@treasures for tots said...

Girl they came out GREAT!! Mia is getting all kinda of neat new felt food!

Thank you so much for linking on Thursday's Treasures!!
http://treasuresfortots.blogspot.com/2010/01/thursdays-treasures-week-5.html

Angie - treasuresfortots@gmail.com said...

I just gave you the Sunshine Award!
http://treasuresfortots.blogspot.com/2010/01/i-got-sunshire-award.html

Angie - treasuresfortots@gmail.com said...

The new layout is looking GREAT!