Saturday, August 7, 2010

I'm Still Alive!

Hope you all are having a wonderful weekend! I feel like I haven't posted something new in awhile-mainly because of my computer issues, but also life has been a bit crazy! We are trying to get ready to move off island back to the States at the end of the month which means I've been apartment hunting online, selling our belongings, and trying to get some beach time in with my girls while we still live by the beach. Oh how I'm going to miss the beach. I've NEVER lived away from it. Yes-it's true, I've lived in California, Hawaii, and here in Puerto Rico, so I guess I've always been spoiled with great weather. I just sold my sewing machine to a good friend of mine (it makes my heart happy knowing she'll be the owner). I did however, just buy a new digital sewing machine off of Costco.com. For anyone looking for a new sewing machine, they are offering a $30 discount and free shipping so it was a steal! It has already arrived safely at my inlaw's house :) I plan to have a few sewing days next week at a friend's house, so hopefully I'll have some new things to post. I recently had a few custom orders for a cupcake necklace and felt flower headbands from some gals that work at Costco. We are regulars there, so most of the employees know my girls. Last week I happened to run into an employee I had never seen before who stopped me to ask where I got Hayden's headband. When I told her I made it she continued to ask questions and said she wanted me to talk to the H.R. person to see if I could set up a table to sell my stuff. I was SHOCKED! Flattered of course, but had to inform her that I woudl be moving at the end of the month. She ended up placing an order and hooked me up with a second order. Needless to say she made my day! Thank goodness for my two beautiful little walking advertisements, huh?! Do any of you have any fun new projects to share? Leave me your link if you do!

5 comments:

Susan Anderson said...

That's cool about the HR person at Costco!

The photo of your kids looks like an oil painting. Really lovely.

=)

Shannon Nielsen said...

Glad you're back up & running - sounds like a hectic time for you guys, boy do I understand that! Well, sending extra energy your way...looking forward to seeing you guys soon! How do you post project links like you suggested? Like those patchwork fabric baskets I thought of you when when I saw them. Happy for you with the new digital sewing machine - let us know what you like about it!

Amber said...

You almost have 100 followers! That's way cool:) You'll have to do a fun giveaway when you get that hundreth follower. Maybe a cupcake necklace:)!!

Tiffany said...

that was such a sweet lil story. u should be proud, your ideas are great.

CJ {Pink Tea} said...

I didn't realize you used to live in Hawaii. Where? I used to live on Oahu.