Friday, September 3, 2010

Missing Puerto Rico

Well, we made it! Our flight got canceled due to Hurricane Earl, but we were able to fly to Arizona the next day. Things felt so crazy just before we left. We were trying to move out of our apartment, pack things up, and sell whatever didn't fit in our bins we were checking in. Just as I was about to vacuum and start doing the deep cleaning, the power went out due to the hurricane. My good friend Julia was there with her little boy to help me-thank goodness! Even though things were crazy for us, I think the kids had fun playing together in all the madness. My friend Amber took us in that night because we were already out of our apartment, but had to stand by to see when we would be able to get on the next flight. Both my girls kept us up all night, so we didn't get much rest. Just before landing in AZ, Mia had an accident in her sleep all over the seat-NICE-but luckily I was prepared with a dress and fresh panties in my diaper bag. It was just embarrassing! Now we're here, back in the States, and I feel a bit like a fish out of water. Is that weird? Most people are thrilled to be back. I'm really missing Puerto Rico...I miss my friends, our apartment, our pool, and of course the beach. We're kind of in a transitional state right now. Still living out of our bins, staying at my inlaws house, but getting ready to move into our new OLD house. Let me explain. The house is new for us, but is really OLD, probably built in the 50's. I'm still trying to picture myself living there, but it will only be for 9 months. Anything that is temporary is duable, right? That's what I keep telling myself anyway. The house DOES however have a craft room!!!! YAY!!! I can't wait to put it to good use :) It will be nice to get settled in, get our pictures hung, and make the place feel more like home. Do any of you live in AZ? I need some friends...

5 comments:

karen said...

Hang on Katie! I'm coming...

alissa {33shadesofgreen} said...

oh my - what a crazy move! Glad everything ended up OK and that you made it to AZ! Good luck getting settled in.

Emily said...

I was wondering if you guys were able to make it out that day because of the hurricane. At least you made it back right? Good luck with your move!

Mama Pea said...

I can relate to the whole moving thing. Been there, done it this past year. I don't live in AZ (tried to but didn't get the job), but my parents are just outside of Tucson, so I get there a lot. Where are you? Yippee on the craft room!

Karli said...

I live in AZ... :-) Where abouts are you??