Monday, October 11, 2010

Sewing Room Makeover

Before:



This weekend my dad came into town and helped me give my sewing room a MAJOR makeover :) I LOVE LOVE LOVE the way it turned out!!! The "before" was not so pretty, but the "after" turned out beautifully. I love my dad for coming here and making it all happen.
After:
Here I am with my dad after we finished. Isn't it pretty? Too bad the color isn't really showing up right in the pictures. Its such a soothing room to be in and an even better room to create in. This wall is definitely my favorite. I can't believe we were able to cover the black with just one coat of paint.



So many shelves, drawers, and cupboards to fit all my stuff :) It's a dream come true! You should have seen how cluttered all my stuff was in Puerto Rico. I had a fold up table and everything else was stuffed in a bin or in a big pile next to my table. Now everything feels so clean and organized.


Remember the blue blinds? Well, my dad spray painted them! I'll only be here for 9 months so it was a great quick fix. This is my accent wall.


Notice my new serger! Did I mention that I found a Bernina serger on Craigslist a couple of weeks ago? HEAVEN! Anyway, a big thanks to my dad for all of his time and hard work. It was so fun working on this room together. A memory I don't think I'll ever forget.

7 comments:

Mama Pea said...

It's just great, Katie! I love the colors, and it does look so clean and organized. Watch out or you'll come to love the house! ha ha. Great find on the serger. I have one but really have never learned to use it. I only use it to make rolled hems, and every time I get it out I have to relearn all over again!

Thurston Fam said...

I love your craft room!! how cute!! What a cute pic of you and your Dad!!!

Susan Anderson said...

Cute room. Nice of your dad to come through for you!

=)

karen said...

I love it - it's a success!! The aqua looks very nice and I can see that its going to be a great room for you to escape in! Congratulations!

Tiffany said...

that is the sweetest shade of blue. nice place to whip up something fun. can't wait to see! and that is good picture of you and your dad.

Ronna said...

Oh Katie, I LOVE it! I have to admit I'm a little jealous! It turned out so cute just like you said. I love those built in cabinets and shelving. So glad your Dad was able to visit and help out with this project. You guys did an awesome job. LOVE IT! TTYL

Michelle Nguyen said...

Wow! That is awesome! How fun to have that cute built in for all your stuff! That is a dream craftroom. I love it! And I'm a little bit jealous! (: Sooo cute!