Monday, May 9, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

I meant to write this post earlier today, but ran out of time.  I hope all of you ladies had a wonderful Mother's Day!  I wish I would have remembered to take a picture this morning before we changed out of our church clothes, but this will do ;-)  This weekend was so nice! My husband is finally done with medical school and came home this weekend.  For those of my readers that don't know, my husband has been traveling around all year doing rotations at hospitals all over, and has spent the last 3 months in Puerto Rico.  It is so nice to finally be all together as a family again! Yesterday was his first real day back. We got up and went out to a nice breakfast, then took the girls to the zoo.  We all took a big nap when we got home! In the evening my sweet husband went with me to the mall and let me shop while he watched the girls at the little indoor playground :) Once we got the girls in bed my hub and I went outside to play darts in our driveway. I know, I know, you all are probably thinking how nerdy that sounds, but ever since my husband got a dart board for Christmas, we've been addicted. Its been a fun thing we can do together at home when the girls are asleep.  This morning we went to church then went to my inlaws house for a delicious dinner.  I couldn't have asked for a more perfect weekend.  Oh yeah, my husband bought me the most beautiful flowers too :)  I love Mother's Day, and even more, I love being Mia and Hayden's Mom :) Happy Mother's Day to all of you!

3 comments:

Susan Anderson said...

What a great Mother's Day present...He's finished with medical school!

Let the good times roll!

=)

PS. Not that this part is easy either, right? But at least you're on to the next thing...

Thurston Fam said...

what a sweet post! so, is Zach done done with rotations? no more?!!! Dr. HAtch soon! woop woop! and I love the part where you said, "we all took a nap"... wink wink... he he.. cute pic too!

karen said...

I'm so glad you had a good day - you deserve it! I agree with Sue - being done with school and moving on is the real gift!